Wednesday 27 March 2013

Ouch! Part Two

The sun is out, my hand has stopped bleeding and I have just caught my biggest ever pike! The tea tastes good and I feel re-energised after scoffing two of my favourite Tunnock's caramel wafers! Now, let's get back in the water!

I drop the first rod close in to the trees on the right. Almost immediately, the float goes under, and I soon have an 8 lb fish on the bank. It goes crazy on the mat and manages to unhook itself and is quickly back in the water.

Next cast, I decide to put a bluey on and try to emulate the cast that produced the seventeen pounder. Not quite as good but after five minutes the float goes, I make a mess of striking....nothing! Bah! I quickly cast out...same spot and ... the float moves off and soon I am unhooking a nice 8 pounder which has the partly digested bluey from the previous cast in it's throat.

Blood is coming through my dressings so out comes the first aid kit again...and another brew is supped!

Back home the hand soon looks as good as new... almost!
By the end of the session I have had two more pike of 6lb and 8lb 2oz making five in all. My best ever day! I did try a couple of new swims but had 'nowt. The wind had picked up and it was feeling cold and I guess the feeding spree was over for the day.

A quick call into Boots is necessary on the way home to replenish the first aid kit. Back home my hand is re-dressed and soon looks as good as new.

Indian take-away, football on the tele and a bottle of Old Crafty Hen soon follow.....what a memorable day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment