Sunday 10 March 2013

First post and a quick summary

January and Febuary 2013.
A German ringed Mediterranean gull at Titchwell
I am writing this in early March so it's a bit of a summary of 2013 to date. Birding has been slow and mostly done at Titchwell Marsh RSPB. The usual species have been seen...up to 5 med gulls on the beach and a few on the freshmarsh, the odd diver and red necked grebe on the sea. Overall there doesn't seem to be the number of species on the sea we used to get though admittedly the weather has not been great. A woodcock has been seen and heard over the garden at dusk on a number of occasions.

16lb 12oz and 32" long personal best pike
I'm a newbie when it comes to pike fishing. Fortunately, I have been taken under the wing (or should that be fin?) of a very experienced pike fisherman known locally as The Bishop. He has taken me out a few times, given me loads of advice (and tackle) and got me hooked on pike fishing. To date I have been out piking seven times and caught nine pike. Four of these have been over ten pounds (best 16lb 12oz) All have been returned safely to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment